468 banner exchange


 

Friday 3 June 2011

Cooler weather stalls Garden Production

No it's not a weather report and I like the rain,  but clear skies mean colder temps as we go down to 7°c overnite. It won't be freezing on my hill because the ambiant temperature is influenced by the °c of the mass of water below.

Better yet.. two days ago... the top half of a hundred year old maple came crashing down in a 90kmh gust of wind slid along the sde of the roof taking branches of other tall trees before planting itself in the hill next to the house. Nothing was broken and again the property survived with good fortune. Yesterday I hired a young man to section the fallen wood with his chainsaw. I pitched the logs up the hill using my 12ft old wooden ladder to step down  the lower half of the embankment. I corded the cut pieces and left a lot of sticks to be cut by hand saw. The remaining smaller branches were tossed on the side of the hill to protect from erosion. There is more wood to pitch or drag up the hill and I will get to it whenever. 2 maybe 3 cords of hardwood to split.



So now the morning sun fills the garden which is a blessing itself... we'll track the sun today to see how it affects the daylight in our yard.


Happy Gardening there's no bugs today ..

No comments:

Post a Comment